Make a career of making a positive impact.
Are you caring, friendly and dependable?
We are so pleased you have taken the time to learn more about Thrive Upstate careers!
Our jobs truly do impact lives in amazing ways.
Direct Support Professional – Residential Services (No Experience Necessary)
Call 864.372.3406 for more information. Available schedules are Full–Time; 2nd and 3rd shift with 12 hour weekends when scheduled. Interested applicants must have a valid Driver’s License.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) are Compassionate Direct Care Staff who assure our developmentally disabled Individuals achieve their highest level of Independence in the residential home setting at various locations throughout Greenville County.
- Responsible for incoming telephone calls – includes communication with co-workers, other agencies, and other programs within Thrive Upstate agency and individual families.
- Check and respond to emails when needed. Make notes for staff when an individual has an appointment using Outlook and Calendars.
- Assist with assigning/pickup tablets to and from staff, AM & PM
- Input personal information in the database for new and current individuals.
- Input I-9 information in E-Verify.
- Input medical information into the database.
- Implement approved Behavior Support plans for individuals and write Behavior incidents as needed.
- Tally daily attendance and enter into computer system. Responsible for end-of-month reports and submitting final attendance for approval.
- Responsible for administration of individuals’ medications at scheduled times. Administer approved over the counter medications as needed. Responsible for overall accuracy of MARS and med book.
- Administer first aid when needed. Check vital signs when needed.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of medication room including MARS, checking medications for expiration dates, stocking first aid supplies. Receives and signs for secure medications coming from community individuals and residential facilities. Returns meds when individual is absent from program.
- Maintains van passenger rosters.
- Maintains first aid kits and PPE kits in program and vans.
- Assists with calling Fire Department and alarm company when we have monthly fire drills. Maintain attendance logs for fire drills. Record all fire drills and disaster drills.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Oversee sign-in and sign-out of individuals entering or leaving building.
- Requisition and order program supplies, complete work orders for building maintenance.
- Operate agency vehicles as needed, including van routes, field trips, and other functions required for optimal program operation
- Other job related duties as needed.
POSITION PAYS $12/HR.
IT Helpdesk Technician
The Helpdesk Technician installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance to system users.
- Provide technical computer and IT related assistance to employees in person, remotely, by phone and email.
- Perform Data Center work such as cabling, rack and stack and some break-fix.
- Install approved hardware and software as needed.
- Establish effective working relationships with immediate supervisor, co-workers, board members and vendors.
- Prioritize, keep focused on the current task, multitask, have good communication skills and be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience working in an IT environment.
- A Plus certification preferred.
- Proficient ability to use independent judgment, analytical/decision-making skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft server, Microsoft Active Directory and Office system is a plus.
- Knowledge of Server and PC operating systems – such as Windows 2010, office.
- Knowledge of VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix virtual environments is a plus.
- Skill in personal autonomy having independent work ethic\self-starter.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers served and systems administration staff.
Ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff
Individuals in this position coordinate and monitor performance of all contract work both in the facility and on enclaves and mobile work crews. This includes supervision and training of staff and consumers. Individuals in this position are responsible for compliance with Department of Labor Regulations for Special Minimum Wage Certificates and NISH Regulations.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
We are currently seeking compassionate and caring Nurses to manage the medical needs of the individuals receiving services. We have permanent LPN full-time positions to fill. Our set schedules include 36 hours per week (3 – 12’s daylight). LPN hourly wage $19 with a $2 an hour weekend differential.
Come join us if you are passionate about helping others in your community.
Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance; South Carolina retirement plan; Annual, Sick and Holiday pay
- Telephone: 864-372-3406
- Fax: 864-288-9757
- In Person: Visit Administration/Human Resources at 1700 Ridge Road, Greenville SC 29607
Thrive Upstate is an “at-will,” equal opportunity employer. It is the proud policy of the Thrive Upstate to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, genetic information, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under state or federal law.